Sunday 24 April 2011

A Fromager???

Well things are heating up for me as the learning curve gets steeper and steeper.  Today I planted some autumn seeds so am hoping to at least get some seedlings in a week or two....I have ordered the rings for my vacola unit and am awaiting their arrival so I can do my rosella jam and beetroot.  Once the shops are open again I am going to go down to the market and pick up the boxes of fruit and veg on the throw out shelves - most have small imperfections and the boxes sell for only a couple of dollars.  Then I am going to go nuts with preserving.  I was given a load of fresh chillis and am going to make some sweet chilli sauce - the recipe sounds delightful, so I hope it works.  

I also bought a cheese press, so am going to embark on making my own cheese - hence the title "A Fromager?"  Many people say that making cheese is really not as hard as you think, so it is on the agenda.  I am researching the process and think I will start with something simple and go from there.  It appears that home cheese making is becoming a bit of a thing ...so who knows, I may be one of the in-crowd before long - hahahaa...

I am still researching draftspersons to obtain quotes and need to start my "Owner Builder" course this week so that I can get the know how to build this mansion of mine and save a few bucks at the same time :)  I keep thinking $100 for a course is expensive but if it saves me the thousands I am expecting then it really is a drop in the ocean - perhaps I am just a little tired of the red tape and capitalist nature of everything in our society today.  After all this is the reason I am heading for the simple life.  Off to do more research....what a truly great day and in honour of our Aussie Diggers....They shall grow not old, As we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, Nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun, And in the morning, We will remember them. Lest we Forget. Please remember those that never made it home and died fighting for your country. Those men and women have shaped your lives and ANZAC Day is the day to give thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment